General Dentistry in Swanton, OH
General dentistry services such as hygiene visits and exams play an essential role in maintaining good oral health. The dentists at Dental Health Associates are the trusted choice for patients looking for general yet personalized dentistry in Swanton and the surrounding area. Continue reading to learn more about the general dentistry services and state-of-the-art technology we offer our patients.
General Dentistry Services We Offer
Dental Exams and Routine Hygiene Visits
Dental examinations and routine hygiene visits are recommended every six months. During your exam, we will use digital X-rays and other advanced technologies to get an in-depth look at your teeth, mouth and gums, and if necessary, make recommendations for treatment. During your professional hygiene visit, we will thoroughly clean your teeth, removing plaque and tartar that are hard to remove through regular brushing and flossing.
Oral Cancer Screenings
Oral cancer screenings are performed at the time of your routine dental exam and hygiene visit. Symptoms of early stages of oral cancer can only be detected via oral cancer screenings.
We offer dental fillings made of composite resin (tooth colored) to repair teeth that have developed cavities, cracks or other damage. Tooth colored fillings are made to blend in seamlessly with natural tooth enamel.
Periodontal (Gum) Disease Treatment
Our dentists are experienced in performing a number of treatments to prevent and treat various stages of periodontal disease. Depending on the severity of the disease, we can perform root planing and scaling, laser gum therapy or gum surgery.
We offer several treatments to strengthen tooth structure, or replace missing or damaged teeth. Options include dental crowns, bridges, dentures and dental implants.
Cutting-Edge Technology for Your Dental Needs
Advances in dental technology have enhanced the precision, comfort and safety of various general dentistry services — from dental crowns to periodontal (gum) disease treatment. At Dental Health Associates, we utilize only the most leading-edge technologies to diagnose dental issues, as well as carefully plan and execute customized treatment plans. Our dentists are extensively trained, skilled and experienced in using the following dental technology:
- DIAGNOdent. An advanced diagnostic tool that can detect cavities and tooth decay in its early stages.
- Digital X-rays. A safer alternative to traditional X-rays, digital X-rays limit your exposure to radiation and offer a more accurate diagnosis.
- Laser technology. Laser energy can be used to perform an array of treatments including dental fillings, cleanings, removal of cold sores and gum disease treatment. In many cases, laser technology minimizes or eliminates the need for traditional dental tools (e.g., drill, scalpel) for enhanced precision, comfort and healing.
- CEREC tooth restoration system. This innovative system uses 3D photography and advanced computer software to design, craft and place high-quality porcelain dental crowns and veneers in a single visit.
- Cone beam CT scans. Cone beam CT scans are 3D images of your teeth and mouth used to diagnose a variety of dental issues including temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder and tumors in the jaw. Cone beam CT scans can also be used to plan out highly accurate and customized treatment plans for dental implants, orthodontic treatment and reconstructive jaw surgery.
To discuss your general dentistry needs with a trained and experienced dentist, please schedule an appointment with Dental Health Associates today.